Two large potatoes, cut into slices, like the size of a regular potato.
After the potatoes are peeled and sliced, put them in a bowl of water with approximately two cups of ice cubes. Soak for 30 minutes, then dry with a paper towel.
It is important not to skip this step!
Put dry ingredients only in a plastic bag:
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese from shaker
- 1/44 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Oven: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Baking time 35 minutes. No need to turn fried potatoes! Making french fries: Sprinkle a baking sheet lined with chips with a cooking spray if you use a regular cookie sheet. I use the Aire Gourmet baking sheet, and if you like this french fries, it is worth the investment to buy one. Because olive oil does not smoke at high temperatures when using this baking sheet, the potatoes are a wonderful golden brown color. (I prefer to use butter paper, which I do not grease, and it makes removing potatoes instant from the oven to the serving bowl.)
2. Soak the cut potatoes in ice water for at least 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step because it makes it clear.
3. Cut potatoes on a clean tea towel to remove moisture.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients in a plastic bag and mix them with potatoes, throw them and knead gently to cover them. Sprinkle a tablespoon of olive oil. Throw it and knead it again to cover.
5. Arrange the potatoes in one layer on the baking tray and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. No need to turn potatoes while cooking. Make sure to check them a lot to see how they do. Remove any fries in a padded bowl with a paper towel done too early. I also like to use butter paper for easy cleaning! Enjoy!
Best oven baked potatoes and potato wedges
6. Prepare potato slices: Prepare potatoes as you would french fries, except for cutting potatoes into wedges, and follow the rest of the steps in the recipe.When it’s time to bake the pegs, place them on parchment paper to bake and leave a few more minutes to make sure you’re done. No need to turn while baking. Enjoy!
7. Here’s how it looks!
8. Chef tip: Don’t get rid of french fries or pegs! Wrap it in sheet paper and put it in the refrigerator. The remaining Wedges potatoes leave a tasty egg! Here is how I make my own. Cut the French fries or pegs and build them with a little olive oil, and stir and grate a little cheese over the hot potatoes. I use about 1 tablespoon of the sharp cheddar. Push the potatoes to the side of the pan, add two eggs, mix and gently fold them into the potatoes, cook them for a minute and turn them over, cook them for another minute and head to a plate. Add salt and pepper if desired. Good eating!Enjoy!
9. Update! The latest version: When I’m in a hurry, and we need really quick potatoes for a meal, I cut the big potatoes with peeling in the microwave until almost done, and then divide them into pieces. I use a cast iron skillet and put olive oil in it, not much, put it in the tator and season with the same spices like potatoes (except for parmesan because it burns) Once it becomes a nice brown color, I remove it from a stainless steel bowl (it keeps them hot) and tosses it with parmesan cheese. there he is! You have delicious “roasted” potatoes with your meal. Great with eggs too!
If you like this recipe please enjoy and share!