Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 8-12
1 cake mix, two-layer chocolate with pudding
1/3 c butter
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp butter, melted
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 tsp corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting butter for oil.
2. Reserve 1 cup of batter.
3. Pour remaining batter into a 12 cup greased and floured fluted tube pan.
4. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended.
5. Blend in eggs, one at a time.
6. Pour over batter in the pan.
7. Spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture.
8. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool 30 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
10. Combine melted butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted.
11. Pour over cooled cake.
added by Melanie Miller