This cheesecake is always on the top of the list of cheesecakes to make. It covers the cravings of chocolate and cheesecake all at once. It’s my family’s favorite and mine as well.
Cook time: 1 Hr 5 Min Prep time: 25 Min Serves: 12
- 1 1/2 c vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers crushed)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- 1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips, 12 oz.
- 3 pkg cream cheese softened, 8 oz. each
- 1 can(s) sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 300°F. To make crust, stir together vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa (shown in a food processor).
2. Add melted butter or margarine.
3. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
4. Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
5. Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy.
6. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
7. Add melted chips and blend.
8. Add eggs one at a time.
9. Add vanilla; mix well.
10. Pour into prepared crust.
11. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is set.
12. Remove from oven to wire rack.
13. With a knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
14. Garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share!
added by Annamaria Settanni McDonald
Leave a Reply