Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donuts
Baked mini donuts with a cinnamon sugar topping, just like at the fair!
For the Donuts:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg you can decrease to 1/4 teaspoon if you want a more mild flavor
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
For the Topping:
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly coat your mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and cool slightly.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla and briefly whisk to combine.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry, taking care not to overmix.
- Using a pastry bag or plastic sandwhich bag with the tip cut, pipe the batter into the donut molds, filling each well no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. If using the mini donut maker, bake 4-5 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, toss the warm donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat and serve immediately.