Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 15 Min Serves: Makes 2 – 9″ pies
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 c sugar
1/2 c all purpose flour
2 c coconut, sweetened shredded
2 c milk
(to make only 1 pie, split the recipe in half, but you’ll wish you made the 2nd one. i promise!)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and butter 2 pie plates. We use 9″ plates.
2. Mix together butter, sugar, and eggs. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
3. Divide the batter between the 2 pie plates.
4. Bake the pies in the lower 1/3 of your oven for about an hour, or until golden and just firm to the touch. Let cool before serving.
5. Slice and serve as is or with a bit of whipped cream.
By Sarah Farrand
Leave a Reply