Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 10-12
2 can(s) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 stick butter, softened
1 jar(s) lemon curd – or jam of your choice
1 c powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter bottom of 13×9 baking pan. Use 1/2 of the stick to put small pats of butter all over the bottom of the pan.
2. Unroll dough. Lay in the bottom of pan. Press dough down corner to corner.
3. Spread lemon curd evenly all over the dough.
4. Lay out the second can of dough on top of the curd. Perforated dough edges do not need to be sealed. Then add the rest of the butter in small pats to top of this layer of dough. Squeeze the juice of 1 to 2 lemons; depending on amount of juice and size of each one all over the top layer of dough. This will create little pools of lemon juice.
5. Dust powdered sugar heavily all over the top, paying close attention to the pools of lemon juice. Keep adding the sugar until the lemon juice does not easily absorb any more sugar. You may only need 1/4 cup of sugar to do this or more.
6. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until toasty brown on edges. Oven times may slightly vary.
7. Let cool, slice. Goes great with coffee, great for dessert or a breakfast/brunch treat.
By Amber Moon