Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:50 minutes Total Time:1 hour Servings: 12
A moist and fudgy flourless chocolate almond cake!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 7 oz/200 g bittersweet or semisweet or dark chocolate, chips or chopped
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (3.5 oz/100 g) almond flour/ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and let cool.
- Mix half of the sugar into the egg yolks and mix in the cooled butter-chocolate mixture.
- Mix in the almond flour and salt.
- Beat the egg whites and the remaining sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate batter and pour into a greased 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 3350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean,. about 30-40 minutes.
Leave a Reply