Oh so good! If you prefer your cake with more sauce, just make a double batch. It is heavenly.
Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 25 Min Serves: 12
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c real butter
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
2. Cream: 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar for about 5 minutes. Then blend in eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in buttermilk and vanilla. Adding alternately buttermilk and flour mixture into creamed mixture.
4. Pour in Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
5. Butter Sauce: In a medium sauce pan, on medium heat, mix sugar, water, and butter. Bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla.
6. When the cake is still very hot, leave in Bundt pan. Poke small holes in the top of the cake.
7. Drizzle butter sauce over cake.
8. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share!
added by Laura Davis
Leave a Reply