1 1/2 c sugar
1 c butter or margarine, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c cocoa, unsweetened
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Blend well.
5. Slowly stir flour mixture into the bowl with butter mixture. Combine well.
6. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon mixture.
7. Form dough into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack.