- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10 to 12 cup bundt pan.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and shortening together for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients alternately with milk, being sure to blend well.
- Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan, being cautious not to overfill the pan, and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Newer decorative bundt pans are often smaller than the 10 to 12 cup traditional ones. If you use a smaller pan, be sure not to fill the pan anymore than 2/3 full and place a rimmed-baking sheet under the pan in the oven as a little insurance policy in case of overflow.
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share