- 1 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 c quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 jar(s) caramel ice cream topping (12.25 oz)
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass 13×9 pan with spray Crisco.
2. In a large bowl, beat the base ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of the crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for the topping.
3. Press the remaining crumb mixture in the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the caramel topping and 4 Tbsp of flour. Set aside.
6. After removing the base from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts over the partially baked base.
7. Drizzle evenly with the caramel mixture.
8. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until golden brown.
9. Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack for about an hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars. Store in a tightly covered container.