Cooking time: 2 hours 20 minutes Preparation time: 15 minutes Classes: 6-8
- 4 lbs without grilled envelope
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2-3 bacon slices, cut in half
- potatoes, baker (large)
- 4 carrots, cubed
Dry scrub mixture 1 teaspoon marinated salt lori
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1/8 teaspoon cumin
2 thyme gourd
1 1/2 tbsp multi-use flour
1 tray (s) beef broth, divided
1 bay leaves
2-3 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of cornstarch or flour
1/2 broth of meat broth
1/2 of water, if necessary
, marinated salt, to taste
black pepper, rough ground, to taste
2 Red pepper dash
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Peel the carrots and cut into pieces. Sit aside.
2. Prepare the grill by slightly recording the diamond shapes on the top and bottom of the meat (not deep).
3. Combine dry scrub ingredients in a bowl.
4. Rub the roast on all sides.
Roasted in a saucepan with carrots and potatoes
5. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven and roast on all sides. Add 1/4 beef stock and bay leaves to the Dutch oven.
6. Place the bacon slices on top of the grill.
7. Cover the bread at 350 ° F for 1 1/2 hour. Note: I use heavy dutch cast iron pola din with internal enamel.
8. Add potatoes and carrots around the roast and pour another quarter of the broth over the meat.Bread covered 30 minutes.
9. Increase the temperature to 375 F. Detect and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf / bay leaves and bacon.
10. Make Brown Ice: Melt the butter or heat oil in the pan.
11. Add cornstarch or flour to make the ro.
12. Add spices. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
13. When you’re brown, add the remaining broth and water (more if needed). (The broth should remain a little thick because it will be added to the broth in the roast.) Cook it until it thickens and becomes thick.
14. Pour the brown broth over the grill and vegetables.
If you like this recipe please enjoy and share!