Cooking time: 15 minutes Preparation time: 1 hour Serving: 9
1 tablespoon of water
1 kg puff pastry sheets from the frozen section
9 small spoons of raspberry jam
45 white chocolate chips (5 per donut)
1. Remove the frozen pie dough from the tray and place the pieces on a baking tray to melt. This takes about 30-40 minutes. The oven is heated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut each piece of pie dough into nine rounds. Put half of the puff pastry chips on a sheet of non-stick biscuit… Selpat paper or parchment is great for cleaning later!
3. Spin each round with a teaspoon of your favorite jam or jelly. I like jam with seeds, but you can use jam without your desire.
4. Place equal amounts of chips on top of jam in each cake.
5. Press it lightly to press it so that it is “hugged” there.
6. Mix 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk well until frothy.
7. Wash the egg by brushing around the edges of the rounds.
8. Heat the remaining nine loops. Squeeze well until the two pieces hold together … Go slowly to try to prevent any of the filling from coming out from the sides.
9. Bake the cakes for 15-20 minutes, until they are swollen and golden. Turn the baking tray halfway to ensure brown.
10. Make sure to let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes to avoid burning yourself as you have done. Dust with powdered sugar or ice.
If you like this recipe please enjoy and share!