It takes a little work, but it is worth it.
- 1 cup red wine or liquid beef stock
- 60 ml Oil
- 750g mince meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons bbq spice
- Black pepper and salt
- Lasagne sheets
- 2 cups Cooked creamy spinach
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons cake Flour
- 2 x tins of evaporated Milk
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
– In a large saucepan fry onion and garlic in oil until translucent
-Add mince,salt,paprika,bbq spice ,black pepper and fry until lightly browned.
-Stir in tomato paste,wine. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
-Melt butter in a saucepan on a medium heat .
-Stir in flour to form a paste.
-Gradually add evaporated milk whisking continuously until the mixture is smooth and thickened,Season to taste.
-Add grated cheddar cheese and remove from heat.
-Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
-In a greased oven dish layer white sauce, then Lasagne Sheets, then meat sauce,creamy spinash in single layers.
-Continue layering in this order, finish with white sauce.
-Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese .
– Bake for 30 minutes,Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving
Leave a Reply